a dress for mama

9:35 AM

dress - sonnet james, shoes - target // romper - gap, tee - gerber baby, boots - hunter

You guys!!!! This dress is just... well what my dreams are made of. When it arrived laden with candy and little trinkets for Birdie to play with I only faintly remembered ordering it months and months ago but boy was I glad to see it! When I put it on papa bear declared that I must be taken out on a date night right this instant. If that's not a seal of approval I don't know what is! I was surprised by just how well it fit, how it looked even nicer than in the photos (such a rare, rare beast of a dress it is) and just how good the quality was. I wanted to order fifty more. There's no doubt in my mind I will be living in it for the remainder of the summer, and fall and I'll probably find a way to wear it in the winter too. 
And a random aside but these bangs are annoying the dickens out of me. It will soon be a year since I got them and why have they not grown out already?????? I swear I have the slowest growing hair on planet earth. And aren't you supposed to have goddess hair that grows not by the hour but the minute when you're pregnant? Yeah, not happening over here. Does anyone have any tips because I'm seriously considering getting an extension that just goes right over that stubborn patch...

You Might Also Like

4 notes

  1. Ah, getting hair to grow is tricky and always a pain for just about everybody I have come to realize. Ever since I started having long hair (I used to have a shoulder length long bob and blonde hair before my blogging days! ha), I get asked almost daily how I got my hair to grow after all the bleaching I did to it. My only tips are only wash your hair two (three max) times a week, only use shampoo on the roots, only use a high quality deep conditioner on the ends, and limit heat tools to only the days you wash. That's what worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I totally know what you mean about those bangs, I got them in fall, I think. And I swear, they are growing slower than the rest of my hair! My only idea is to maybe wear them "Alexa-style". https://www.google.de/search?q=Alexa+Chung&client=firefox-a&hs=PxN&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8Bh1U7mRN8GuOfKhgNAG&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1143&bih=689&dpr=0.9 I adore her rock´n´roll attitude and look, but still she is very chic, isn´t she? She is even cool with outgrown bangs. You could maybe have the rest of your hair with a layered cut, so that the shorter part blends in better? But that is only an option if you want a layered cut. But don´t bother so much: you look good anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT DRESS!!!!!!!!! Wow! Talk about perfect! Perfect fit, perfect style, perfect colours for you, I can't tell you how amazing it looks - your hubby was right! Date night, STAT! jemima xx - http://jemimajaneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your bangs still look cute! But I know how frustrating getting them to grow out can be. And that dress looks CUTE on you. Good find :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!