a week's worth of odds + ends

10:09 AM

^ we bought Birdie some Russia alphabet blocks and she has been loving them! ^
^ I recently made my favorite "fall" dessert - pumpkin apple bread ^
I'm not sure how many more of these I'll do before the baby comes. My energy decreases with every passing day and home cooked meals are few and far between. The other day I went to the Starbucks drive through for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch and we got take out for dinner... Guilty doesn't even begin to cover it. I do take pride in the fact that I still cook Birdie meals three times a day so at least someone in this house is eating decently. 
I also am completely useless when it comes to keeping this house clean so we're planning on hiring a company to come and do a deep clean in the next couple of weeks. Have any of you had a really good experience with a specific company? I would love to pick one based on word of mouth. I just figure I can't do anything now and from the sounds of it I doubt I'll be doing much of anything after the c-section too. So might as well start with a clean slate when it comes to this house. 
As far as good news goes papa bear and I finally hired a babysitter and are going on a date night tonight!! You can't even imagine how excited I am about this. The thought of being able to look at each other during our meal and not have to yell over Mickey Mouse Club just makes my heart soar!! Though we are both a bit nervous as we have never actually left Birdie with a babysitter. Even when we had a nanny for a few months last year I was always at home with her. But mama and papa's happiness is important to Birdie's happiness and I know that this time that we will get to spend just the two of us will help us be a better husband and wife as well as better parents. So here's to date nights!!

Have a great weekend y'all!!

xo

You Might Also Like

0 notes

Let's talk!